This morning as she was getting dressed Adeline said she wanted to wear underwear. This was not surprising as she's had underwear for about 6 months now and will sporadically announce she's going to wear them. We usually end up going through about 3 pairs of clothes and underwear by lunch time and by then, well, I'm just tired of cleaning up after her, so I convince her to wear a diaper again. So this morning I told her she could wear her underwear and I fully expected her to be in a diaper by nap time. But guess what? She surprised me by keeping her pants dry (minus 2 poop accidents) ALL day! She was even dry after her nap! Yippee! I cannot tell you what a relief this is! She has not shown any real interest in the whole potty thing. She wanted to wear the pretty underwear, but that's about it. It wasn't even until this last weekend that she would even do anything while on the potty. That is an entire day's worth of diapers we just saved!
McKay also had a great day today. He took 2 one to two hour naps today -- WITHOUT HAVING TO BE HELD!!! Most times if I make him fall asleep on his own he doesn't stay asleep very long, and I end up holding him for most of his naps just so he actually sleeps in order to be awake enough to eat well. His first nap was during Adeline's nap, and I was able to clean a bathroom and sort craft project supplies for kids to use at the ward Christmas party. During his second nap I was able to make and eat dinner without interruptions from him.
Today the 3 of us had a gold star day! And really, it's the little things that get me through the day.
2 comments:
wow, congrats Adi! That is awesome! Keep up the good work!
and I agree. seems like your entire fam earned that gold star. :)
i'd say those are big things! and i hope adeline continues to decide she's potty trained. good luck! a couple things i did for my cuddle bug--swaddle him and have him sleep in the swing. you're probably doing both of those, but i think the swing helps them feel more contained. jack was in there for 6 months. ha.
Post a Comment